7.15.2012

{Home Tour Friday} - Dining Room: Part Two

As promised, here are more pictures of our dining room!



Both the table & buffet were Craigslist finds (not from the same person), that were refinished & stained. The table was $100 and the buffet was $150! Many people ask us if this is a Pottery Barn set, and I’m happy to tell them no! My husband did a wonderful job refinishing these (even if the argument over the stain was really, really bad). I love you C ;)

I slowly collected meaningful accessories for the room, some of which have been passed down as family antiques. The candlesticks on the table were my grandmothers, and were used at our wedding. The wine barrel was my husband’s grandfather’s, and is especially significant, as C and his grandfather made wine together every fall until he passed two years ago. The street signs are from eBay, and were my Christmas gift to C last year. They represent the number of our college jerseys (C played Soccer in college, and I played Ice Hockey). On the buffet, one of the apothecary jars contains wine corks from special occasions, and we’ve written on each of them to remember what they were used for! We don’t use this space as often as we like, but we do love spending time in here. It is a wonderful collection of old & new, and marks our first successful room renovation.

I shouldn’t say this room is done (because, is any room ever done in this house?!). We are still working on artwork for over the buffet, and I’m also contemplating a sisal rug under the table to add some texture & warmth to the room.

Thanks for stopping by our home tour!

Dining Room Source List

Wall Color (top): Tate Olive (Benjamin Moore)
Wall Color (bottom): Woodlawn Whitewash (Behr)
Table: craigslist find (refinished)
Chairs: local woodshop, stained to match table (Bare Woods, Ledgewood, NJ)
Candlesticks: family antique
White Bowl: SurLaTable
Rope Balls: HomeGoods
Buffet: Craigslist find (refinished)
Apothecary Jars: HomeGoods
Vintage Letterpress Drawer: Etsy via JensCloset
Letter “P”: Hobby Lobby, spray painted ORB
Metal/Copper Plate: wedding gift
Wooden Serving Tray: wedding gift
Picture Frame: wedding gift (Vera Wang for Wedgewood)
Wicker Chest: Target
Curtains: Pottery Barn (discontinued)
Blinds: JCPenney
Chalkboard: DIY; (frame = family antique)
Artwork on Chalkboard: courtesy of the one and only Missy B.
Wine Barrel: family antique
Street Signs: ebay
Mirror: HomeGoods

4 comments:

  1. What an absolutely gorgeous dining room! I love the street signs (and the meaning behind them) - you have done a fantastic job. Stopping by from the Newbie Party. Jane from Bluebird1959

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you used things that meant something to you! That is what makes a house a home. I am loving your table, too. The legs on it are fab.u.lous. Very nicely put together room! I think I may have to follow you now. :)

    Hugs, Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angie! Thanks for stopping by! Loved reading your blog :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I read each and every one of them!