• I feel really guilty every time I judge a product based on customer reviews. Why? Because I never, ever review an item. Not because I don't want to, just because I don't have the time to. Amazon always sends me emails, asking "will you review your purchase of XYZ", and I feel so guilty. Maybe that's why I'm doing baby product reviews on the blog... to make me feel less guilty about not reviewing my purchases on Amazon!
• I bought these shoes from Sole Society right before my birthday, and I love them. They are a bear to break in, but so worth it. Aren't they cute?
• Speaking of birthdays, this was my gift from my sweet hubby. I love love love it, and wear it everyday.
And this was my gift from my parents. I think I screamed when I opened the box. I am SO excited to wear these flats!!
• I also did some birthday shopping for myself... I always run out of makeup at the same time every year, which just so happens to be in August. I'm loving all of this new makeup, and my new perfume. After 3 years with the same perfume, I was ready for a change.
• Maybe I've mentioned this before, but I'm a crazy perfectionist. I like things neat and tidy. So when I saw that my Erin Condren planner had a few pages that got smooshed in my purse last week, I was really sad. I know, it is absolutely ridiculous to be sad over something like that. But, I was. This planner is meant to last me through the end of next year. I'm contemplating not carrying it to work anymore, just so I can keep it in better shape. But then that would defeat the whole purpose of getting the planner in the first place. Would it be totally crazy if I bought a little makeup bag to keep it in? Maybe. But I might do it anyways.
• My white denim skinny jeans are still in rotation for fall. I was feeling like maybe it was time to put them away, but then Jennifer made me feel better about wearing them. Who says you can't wear white after Labor Day?!
• My mom showed up at my house last week with these pants on. She looked adorable in them! As soon as I got to work that morning, I had to order my own. They are the perfect leggings for fall, and are so flattering. She assures me they are also super comfy!
• I finished an amazing book last week. I Will Carry You, by Angie Smith. This book is not a casual read, at all. It is heart-wrenching and emotional... but it is also beautifully written and inspiring. Angie is an amazingly strong woman, and her story is truly incredible. I highly recommend it, but please be prepared with a box of tissues at your side. I had to wear my sunglasses on the train for a week straight to hide my tears!
• I am not doing a great job of writing my posts before the day I want to post them... which is how I end up writing posts like this! To be honest though, these posts are a very real look into my life.
Happy Thursday, friends!