3.14.2013

DIY Fabric Covered Cork Board



I'm so excited to show you guys how the playroom is coming together! In the meantime, here's a quick little project I squeezed in last weekend.

I knew I wanted a place to keep our "fun" stuff - birthday invitations & baby announcements, fabric swatches and inspiration for Bella Carta. In my old office, I was just using a standard cork board from Staples from many years ago. It was time for an update, for the new office.

I started out with my very old cork board, adhesive spray, 1/2 a yard of fabric from Joann's ($2.99) and brass nail head trim. The nail head trim was also from Joann's, and with my 40% off coupon, was $12. But since I only used half of it, I'm just going to say it was $6. Ok? Good.

Please ignore the old spray-paint marks on the driveway ;)



 I lightly sprayed the cork board with the adhesive spray, and then lay the fabric on top, making sure to smooth it out as much as I could.


Then I started installing the nail head trim around the edges, until I made it around the inner portion of the frame.




Oh yeah, Otto wanted to help, too!



Once the trim was complete, and I knew the fabric was pulled as tight as it could be, I went ahead and used a staple gun to secure the fabric to the back of the board. Once it was all stapled, I cut all the excess fabric, so that this could sit flush against the wall.




And, that's it! Easy-peasy, right? 15 minutes from start to finish!



I'll be sure to show you where we put it in the new office, as soon as we're ready for the big reveal!

Linking up with 320 Sycamore for Under $10, Under and 1 Hour



And Liz Marie's Inspire Me Linky Party!

3 comments:

  1. You made this look so simple - I will have to give it a try! The nail head trim is the perfect touch. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very cute! I love the nail head trim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Half of the roll of nailhead trim totally works, I do it all of the time in figuring my expenses :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I read each and every one of them!