Babies #2 AND #3 will be joining us this January!
Most certainly, this was the biggest surprise of our lives. Some days I don't even feel like I'm talking about myself when I'm answering questions about twins.... but then I see both their little bodies on the ultrasound screen, and I'm brought back down to reality... these two little babies are most definitely ours.
Yes, these two little babes are part of the reason why I've been on a bloggy break. Two babies means double the hormones, and this all-day sickness has been kicking my tooshie the last few months. Thankfully, I'm starting to feel like my old self, and am more than ready to join the land of the living.
I know you have at least 5 questions in your head right now, so here are some answers ...
(these happen to be the top 10 I get on any given day)
1. My great-great-great-grandmother was a twin, but that is the only instance we are aware of.
2. They're fraternal.
3. We don't know their sexes yet, but we will be finding out. Twins was enough surprise for one pregnancy!
4. Of course I was surprised. WHO expects to hear "there's TWO!" at your very first ultrasound?!
5. No, I was not on fertility drugs.
6. No, we were not trying for twins. How does one to that, anyway?
7. Our moving-schedule has moved up a bit, but we will not be moving before they're born.
8. A minivan has come up in conversation. I usually walk away singing "la-la-la".
9. Little A is excited, and understands there are 2 babies. Sometimes he pretends to rock them, or put them down for a nap, and on occasion he also pretends to eat them. We'll deal with that when the time comes.
10. Yes, I'm terrified, and yes, I'm also thrilled. With a lot of prayer and help and rest and patience, we will get through the next 26 weeks and prepare to welcome these two little loves into our lives.
Let the craziness begin!